Peace of Mind
Make it easier and less stressful for your family to manage household finances, in the event you are away for an extended period of time with a deployment or OT. When you have peace of mind, you stay focused on the mission.
Manage Accounts and Access
- If your spouse or family member has joint access on your account, make sure they are set up to use online and mobile banking.
- If your spouse or family member does not have joint access on your account, have them sign up for their own account. It will make it easy for you to transfer money, if needed, through online and mobile banking.
Ensure a smooth transition. Coordinate with your family how bills will get paid and the household budget managed. Automate payments to make it easier for everyone:
- Set up direct deposit
- Schedule loan, credit card and utility payments using bill pay
- Set up recurring transfers within online or mobile banking to fund accounts and family members who will handle expenses
Use the FireFirstCU app and the FireFirstCard app to set alerts that will notify you of account charges or suspicious purchases. You can even turn off your card or set spending limits using the FireFirstCard app.
Get Your House in Order
Do some quick housekeeping… actual and financial:
- Avoid unexpected expenses. Make household repairs and arrange for vehicle maintenance
- Put spare keys for the house, vehicles, sheds, safes, etc. in a secure place
- Let Firefighter Insurance Services1 review insurance policies for coverage and cost. Update beneficiaries
Make sure your estate plan is up-to-date. If you haven’t begun the process, Firefighters First Trust Services2 can get you started
Banking on the Move
Consider the FireFirstCU app your financial lifeline in situations where you have cell access:
- Make payments instantly
- Deposit checks remotely
- Set up automatic payments in bill pay
- Schedule transfers between your checking and savings accounts
No time? Try Text Banking for account information in a few quick taps.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. Google, Google Pay, Google Play, and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc. All third-party companies, products and service names used are for identification purposes only. All service marks, trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1License #0G87848. Firefighter Insurance Services is not insured by NCUA.
2Trust services are provided by Members Trust Company, a federal thrift regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Trust and investment products are not deposits of or guaranteed by the trust company, a credit union or credit union affiliate, are not insured or guaranteed by the NCUA, FDIC, or any other governmental agency, and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.