We are the largest credit union, exclusively serving career firefighters and their families nationwide.
Our mission of serving the Fire Family is more than just words – it is the driving force behind everything we do. This is why we work so hard to be the preferred financial institution for firefighters nationwide, serving multi-generational firefighters - over 55,000 members (800+ fire departments), with current assets of over $2 Billion.
Every day, firefighters throughout our nation arrive at their fire stations committed to serve, prepared to rescue. They share personal stories, ask honest questions, solicit real opinions and give sound advice. This is the framework that drives our company culture. We’re passionate about improving the financial lives of our members by providing products and services that cater exclusively to the needs of our fire family.
We are looking for people who have a passion for helping those who serve others, a curiosity to grow personally and professionally, and a desire to contribute to our continued evolution.
On top of doing meaningful work, we support our team members by providing opportunities to expand their knowledge and skills through formal education, training and certification programs, leadership development opportunities, and job rotations.
- We put people first and provide the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- We make it possible for you to help others, advance your career, and make time for your family and your passions. Let us grow personally and professionally together.... and live a full life.
If you’re looking for more than a paycheck, have a passion to learn and grow, and want to serve true heroes, take a look at our opportunities and apply today!
“I always receive the utmost Professional Service from Firefighters First employees. I thank them all.”
What Makes Us Different
At the core of the members we serve, are the people who carry out our mission on a daily basis, to improve the financial lives of our fire family.
Our team is as amazing as the firefighters we serve! We’re made up of a wide range of professionals who have a passion for helping those who serve others. It is our people who have driven our evolution and continually made a difference in the lives of the members we serve.
Over the years, we've relied on the integrity, knowledge, and passion of our employees, who provide high-touch personalized service to meet the needs of our members. We've always focused on providing quality financial products and services to firefighters and their families, removing the fear and uncertainty about personal banking.
As we expand our services into states outside of California, our future looks bright. We're seeking talented individuals to join us along our journey, serving one member at a time, with the old-fashioned personalized service that has made us the Credit Union we are today.
If your passion is serving those who serve others, apply today.
“You’re more of a family-owned bank and not a conglomerate, working with people instead of just using algorithms to make decisions. Plus, you’ve been around supporting the fire service with a fire service Board of Directors for decades. You’ll always have our best interest at hand.” Darin R.
Benefits For You and Your Family
We have our employees' backs. We provide more than just a benefits package to help make life a little easier for their families.
We offer many perks such as:
- Telemedicine support and wellness programs
- Ticket discounts for sports events, amusement parks and entertainment events
- Fun events
There is nothing more valuable than your family and the time you get to spend with them. That’s why we offer:
- FREE Medical, dental and vision plans
- FREE Life insurance, AD&D, short and long term disability coverage
- Paid time off including holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Bonuses and incentives
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer:
- 401(k) savings plan, matched up to 4% of pay, with a Safe Harbor of 3%
- Education reimbursement of up to $5,250 annually, along with a 0% Education Loan
- 0% Technology Loan of up to $2,500
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Services
- ID Theft Protection
The best way we can serve our members is by building the best team.
We want talented team members across our Credit Union from finance to the call center to operations to the branch and beyond. People who can do more than just the job - who connect with and care for our members. It's the unique qualities that everyone at Firefighters First shares. This means we put our values – integrity, competence, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility – into practice every single day.
No matter what your connection is with firefighters – whether it is a personal story or a passion to help those who help others, we are always looking for talented individuals to join our growing team. It is more than just a job – it needs to be your passion.
“The customer service Firefighters First Credit Union employees provide is amazing! They are always respectful, friendly and willing to help in any way they can. This has been proven to me, my family and my fire family, over and over again, year after year! Thank you!”
We believe in what we are doing and that shared commitment finds its way into every corner of our organization. Backed by our core values, we have created a culture that encourages and promotes respect, curiosity, creativity and passion.
Founded in 1935, we have a strong legacy of serving members with the highest level of care and support. We share the same values as the Fire Family and take pride in helping our members to improve their financial lives!
“Firefighters First Credit Union is in a league by itself. You truly put the members first. I’ve never experienced such professionalism with any prior financial institution! It’s not even close.”
- INTEGRITY: We focus on being of service, acting ethically, and building trust, doing what's in the best interest of our members.
- COMPETENCE: We earn the right to serve our members by demonstrating knowledge, ensuring quality, and getting results.
- EXCELLENCE: We demonstrate our passion and commitment to serving our members through leading by example, caring about means, and seeking improvement.
- CURIOSITY: We challenge ourselves, each other, and show gumption, in exploring new ways to do things.
- POSITIVITY: We remove barriers, assume best intentions, and have fun, while maintaining a degree of warmth.
- HUMILITY: We respect each other, take pride in our work, and pursue learning, as we grow and work together.
The best way we can serve our members is by building the best team.
We recognize the strength that comes from creating a culture that thrives on different perspectives and beliefs. That's why we want everyone to share ideas on how to improve both member and employee experiences and why we work so hard to ensure every voice and every idea is heard.
We empower employees and encourage them to provide their ideas and suggestions through our internal portal. In turn, our commitment is to review and follow up on each and every suggestion, giving employees the opportunity to be included in strengthening our company and our culture.
Through our internal surveys, employees have another opportunity to be heard and to contribute towards building a culture of excellence at Firefighters First.
“People that work for the credit union care about providing outstanding service. And they pull it off extremely well. I have been a member since 1973. The institution has always looked out for my best interests.”
Our mission of helping the Fire Family goes beyond the financial services and products we deliver and extends into the fire community. Through charitable contributions and volunteering efforts, we support the fire community at conferences, events, and sponsor their local charities.
We also support firefighters and their families nationwide through the work of the Fire Family Foundation. They stand ready to assist firefighters when they need it the most.
- Disaster Relief Fund - if they experience a loss due to a natural disaster
- Firefighter Relief Fund - providing assistance through medical bills, travel expenses and bills that aren't covered by insurance
- $50,000 in Scholarships - for firefighters' kids
- Fire Charities - helping other fire charities with grants to support their mission
Adrienne, a firefighter in Arizona: Her young son, Hudson, was born with hydrocephaly (water on the brain). She has health insurance but needed help paying for the extra expenses that came with his medical treatment.
"Thanks to you we were able to afford all my son’s surgeries. You helped us tremendously.”