We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of our members.
As such, we are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of each member's financial records consistent with state and federal laws. The following sets forth our policies regarding our use and protection of your information.
Our site creates a temporary data file commonly known as a cookie. It may also track the areas of our website that you visit. However, when you close your browser this cookie is automatically deleted from your system. We may collect information regarding the internet provider from which you are connecting to our site, such as AOL or MSN. We may also track the website from which you linked to our site. This information is used statistically and not to identify individuals.
During the course of business we collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information we obtain when verifying the information we receive from you;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
Generally, we may share all information we collect about you as described above, with nonaffiliated third parties to complete transactions and maintain accounts and related records (such as data processing transactions and records). We may also share such information with select nonaffiliated third parties if: 1) you request or authorize it; 2) the information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you; 3) the disclosure otherwise is lawfully required or permitted.
Also, we may enter into agreements with other businesses to provide support or services to us or for one or more of our products, such as mailing houses that assist us in delivering your documents and other promotional materials. Under certain circumstances we may also enter into joint marketing agreements with other service providers. Before entering into relationships with such entities, we require them to agree to safeguard our member's information and to comply with all applicable privacy laws.
Furthermore, we may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to other nonaffiliated and affiliated third parties not described above as permitted by law and by our policies.
Because of the limited way we share information with nonaffiliated third parties, we are not required to provide you with the opportunity to opt-out from disclosure of information to nonaffiliated third parties.
If you decide to terminate your membership or become an inactive member, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
We restrict access to your personal information only to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. Our employees access information about you when needed to administer your accounts, to provide requested services, or in response to a legally valid outside request or order (such as a subpoena). In addition, our employees may also access information to exercise our rights under the law or pursuant to any agreement with you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
We strive to ensure that our records contain accurate information about you. If you see any inaccuracies in your statements, please call (800) 231-1626. We will promptly investigate and make any necessary changes to update your records.
We reserve the right to revise our policy as our business needs change or as the law requires. If we revise our policies, we will provide our active members with copies of our new policies at that time.
Site Terms & Conditions
Firefighters First Credit Union ("Credit Union") Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- Your Acceptance
- Firefighters First Website
- Website Access
- In order to access some features of the Website, you will have to open and/or create an account and password. When creating your account and password, you must provide accurate and complete information in accordance with the Credit Union's requirements. It is your responsibility to keep your account password secure. You must notify the Credit Union immediately of any breach of security.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., that accesses the Website. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information or related information, including account names, from the Website, nor to use any communication systems provided by the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to their User Submissions (as defined below).
- Intellectual Property Rights
The content on the Firefighters First Website, except all User Submissions (as defined below), including, without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features, and the like ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to the Credit Union, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Content on the Website is provided to you “AS IS” for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. The Credit Union reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Firefighters First Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Firefighters First Website or the Content therein.
- User Submissions
- The Firefighters First Website may now or in the future permit the submission of purchase orders, ideas, suggestions, contest, or sweepstakes entries, the use of internet chat rooms or bulletin boards, or other communications submitted by you and other users ("User Submissions") and you grant the Credit Union the right to use any information contained in such submission for commercial purposes. Any such User Submissions are not confidential, and the Credit Union is entitled to reproduce, use, distribute, or otherwise use and disclose any submissions made to it for any purpose, without compensation.
- In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant the Credit Union all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage the Credit Union or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iv) post advertisements (other than as expressly permitted on the Bulletin Boards), or any other mass email or solicitations of business; or (v) impersonate another person or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with any person or entity. You further agree not to omit, delete, forge, or otherwise misrepresent accurate transmission information, including headers, return mailing, or internet protocol addresses, or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any content or person.
- You understand that when using the Firefighters First Website, you may be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, particularly with respect to the Bulletin Boards, and that the Credit Union is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do release, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against the Credit Union with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold the Credit Union, its owners, operators, officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, assigns, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Website.
- The Credit Union permits you to link to materials on the Website for personal, non-commercial purposes only. The Credit Union reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Firefighters First Website at any time.
- Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE FIREFIGHTERS FIRST WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE CREDIT UNION, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. THE CREDIT UNION'S ATTEMPTS TO KEEP ALL INFORMATION CURRENT AND UP-TO-DATE; HOWEVER, THE CREDIT UNION MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE. THE CREDIT UNION DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE FIREFIGHTERS FIRST WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND THE CREDIT UNION IS NOT A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CREDIT UNION, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
The Website is controlled and offered by the Credit Union from its facilities in the United States of America. The Credit Union makes no representations that the Firefighters First Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Firefighters First Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.