Firefighters First offers a full array of savings products specifically designed around the needs of our members – firefighters and their families. Take a look at the various savings account options. We’re sure you will find the right account to fit your goals.
And all of our savings accounts come with convenience-based features you can take advantage of:
- ATM Card: Take advantage of our free, nationwide network of 30,000 "no surcharge" and deposit-taking ATMs.
- Direct Deposit: Have your payroll, social security or other incoming funds deposited directly into your account.
- Payroll Deduction: Designate a portion of your regular paycheck to be deposited into your account for future use.
Unlock all the benefits of our Savings Accounts today
Become a Member of Firefighters First Credit Union. Join Today
Already a member with Firefighters First? Simply login to Online Banking to open additional savings accounts.
Regular Share Accounts (Regular Savings)
This share account ensures your "share" or part ownership with Firefighters First. Use this account to build your nest egg, save for retirement, or build wealth. Automatic transfers to a share account are a great way to get into the habit of saving. To maximize your dividends, opt for a high-yield savings account.
Share Account Benefits:
- Earn dividends from day of deposit to day of withdrawal
- Dividends compounded monthly
- Convenient access with Online Banking, Mobile and Telephone Banking
- Use as overdraft protection for your checking account
- Insured up to $250,000 per account type by National Credit Union Administration
A $5.00 minimum balance is required in a regular share account to maintain Firefighters First membership. Join Now.
Coverdell Education Savings Account
Known as an Education IRA, the Coverdell Education Savings is a flexible account designed to offset growing educational expenses. Everyone can contribute to an account for a child under the age of 18 years….so share with grandparents, aunts & uncles, etc…
Coverdell ESA benefits:
- Contribute up to $2,000 per year per child under the age of 18 years
- Future potential financial aid options are minimally affected, as long as the account is owned by the parents
- Earnings are tax-free and can be used to pay for eligible school costs
- Use funds for elementary to college, plus secondary education
- Unused funds can be rolled-over – but talk to your tax advisor first
- Potential tax-free withdrawals if used for qualified education expenses at any college, university, vocational, elementary or secondary school
What type of educational expenses are covered?
- Tuition and fees
- Books, supplies
- Computer equipment
- School uniforms
- Transportation (when required by the school)
- Room and board
Holiday Helper benefits:
- Earn higher dividends than regular share account
- Convenient funding options through automatic transfer and payroll deduction
- Unlimited deposits
- Savings transferred to your checking or share account on November 15
Note: To take advantage of this high-yield savings account, partial withdrawals are not allowed. A withdrawal will result in account closure with the balance deposited to your designated account.
Return to top