At Firefighters First, our checking accounts come with the flexibility, convenience and benefits you need. Compare the benefits of our checking accounts and see why Firefighters First puts you first.
Enjoy the convenience of:
- FREE Mobile and online banking to pay your bills, make stop payments and check your accounts while on the go
- Access to over 30,000 free CO-OP Network ATMs
- Mobile banking – deposit your checks with your smart phone or tablet
- Access to your money through BLAZING ATM/Check Card
- Protect your debit and credit cards with smsGuardian™ Text Alerts
- Funds insured up to $500,000 per account by American Share Insurance (ASI)
Plus, as an added convenience: enjoy FREE Access to any ATM, anywhere... when an in-network ATM can't be found. *
Do you have a new Debit Card? Review how to activate it.
With our free checking, you will enjoy - no fees, no minimum balance, and no per check charges - our free checking account is unique in the financial industry. Add to that a competitive dividend rate, this free checking account is an amazing value.
- Unlimited check writing - FREE checks for members over the age of 50
- No fee to transfer funds from another account to cover an overdraft
- Variety of overdraft protection
*Regulatory restrictions apply.
Power up your online checking with the eChecking** account with the eCheck Card!
Same benefits as Ready Checking debit card, plus
- Unlimited ATM, Point of Sale, and Bill Pay Access
- Higher daily signature card limits up to $5,000
- Travel and emergency benefits
- Extra Award points
- Write up to 5 checks per month
- Make online deposits
- Mobile and online banking to pay bills, stop payments and check your accounts on the road
- Receive your statements electronically
Get rewarded with Extra Awards
For every $2 spent on qualified signature transactions with an eCheck Card, you'll earn one Extra Award point redeemable for airline travel, hotel stays, gift certificates, and more.
To open your eChecking account with an eCheck Card contact us at (800) 231-1626 or visit your local office.
Make your move to Firefighters First – It’s Yours.
Become a Member of Firefighters First Credit Union. Join Today
Checking Account Rates
* ATM rebate program details: Firefighters First Credit Union will reimburse you for ATM surcharge fees incurred when making a withdrawal using your Firefighters First ATM/Check card. Fees will be reimbursed for your first three (3) ATM transactions that incur a surcharge fee, per calendar month. Fees will be reimbursed the same day unless your ATM withdrawal is after 3:00 pm (PT). Withdrawals after this time or on a non-business day will post on the next business day along with the fee reimbursement. To qualify for this program, you must have a combined direct deposit total of at least $500 per month and you must make your ATM withdrawal from your Firefighters First personal or business checking account.
** eChecking account requirements: You may not have a Ready Checking account while maintaining an eChecking account, up to five checks may clear per month ($2.00 fee per check applies thereafter), and the account does not earn dividends. In addition, enrollment in 411 Alert/eStatements is required, and all account notices and various promotional materials will be sent electronically.
IMPORTANT NOTICE for Ready Checking accountholders - If you have an ACH, direct deposit, bill payment, periodic payment, or other automatic transfer to/from your Ready Checking account, we'll automatically switch them to/from your new eChecking account. To prevent any transfers from being rejected, do not add any new transfers to your Ready Checking account.