It is exciting to design and build your own home.
During the construction period, the loan will be interest only with interest payments paid from the interest reserve account. You are reimbursed based on receipts and invoices during each phase of the project.
Some of the basic things to keep the project on track are required:
- You have to use a licensed and insured builder/general contractor
- Detailed plans, specs, material descriptions, permits, insurance
- Detailed budget, total construction costs
- Maximum loan amount $750,000.00
- You have 18 months to complete the construction
Participation in this program will not be confirmed until the completed application has been submitted to the Real Estate Department. All requests will be processed and must meet Firefighters First's underwriting guidelines. Funding of these loans is subject to credit approval and verification of employment, equity, and all other related file documentation necessary to qualify applicant(s).
NMLS ID Number 649058
Mortgages available in Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas (1st TD only), Utah and Washington.