Highest Dividends Available
Firefighters First Share Certificates provide the highest dividends of all our saving products. If you are looking for steady and secure yield, our Share Certificates are the answer. And they are a smart way to diversify your savings portfolio.
Here's some benefits worth knowing:
- Various terms to choose from
- Dividends are earned daily and compounded monthly
- Low minimum opening balances
Take a look at our Share Certificate accounts. Then pick the one that's right for you.
Make your move to Firefighters First – It's Yours! Become a Member of Firefighters First Credit Union. Join Now Online
Already a member ... Simply login to Online Banking, under "Additional Services" to open a share certificate, visit a local office or call us at (800) 231-1626.
Share Certificates pay the highest dividends available at Firefighters First. They have a higher yield that offer a short-term commitment at no risk, are flexible, and easy to open and renew.
- Select the exact date of maturity, compounded interest payments or interest payments to your share or checking account
- Minimum $1,000 deposit
- Tiered dividend rates based on minimum deposit and term
- No action required to renew a certificate – funds are automatically reinvested
We recommend a technique called "laddering." If you open a share certificate at regular intervals, you'll know that one is always close to maturity in case you need the funds. In addition, our share certificate loans make funds available to you by using your high yield term certificate as security. Early withdrawal penalties do apply.
Coverdell ESA Certificates
The Coverdell ESA, originally known as the Education IRA, is designed solely to help pay education expenses. The key feature of Coverdell accounts is that they shelter investment growth from the tax collector. Savings set aside - plus the earnings they make - are fully available for qualified school bills.
Coverdell accounts offer investment flexibility, transferability, and tax-free withdrawals to cover education costs such as books, tuition, and room and board. And they're not just for college kids. The Coverdell could be used at any school, public or private, and even for grammar school and high school. They're also available for students with special needs, regardless of their age.
- Minimum balance tiers of $1,000 and $10,000
- Terms of 18 months, 3 or 5 years
- One-time annual contribution to certificate allowed
- Contribute up to $2,000 annually
- Tax-deferred growth
- Potential tax-free withdrawals if used for qualified education expenses at any college, university, vocational, elementary or secondary school .
Haven't opened an account for your kids? Call today for an application and give your minor the power to save with a high-yield certificate.
- 1 Year Term
- $250 Minimum** – $2,500 Maximum
** A minimum balance of $250 is required to open a Rookie Certificate. This account must be opened under a membership account of a minor under 18 years of age. Rookie Certificates maturing after minor is 18 years of age will be converted to a regular certificate account. There is a maximum of three (3) Rookie Share Certificates per minor account. A penalty may apply for early withdrawal.
Retirement Liquid Certificate
Our Retirement Liquid Certificate gives our members the best of both worlds – high yields plus uncommon access to your savings when you need it most.
Retirement Liquid Certificate benefits:
- Minimum balance tiers of $10,000 $50,000 $100,000
- Terms of 1, 2, or 5 years; Minimum deposits $500 up to $10,000
- One penalty-free withdrawal allowed during the term**
To be eligible for retirement accounts, you must have your retirement funds directly deposited to Firefighters First. Qualifying retirement funds include pension and/or Social Security.
** You may make a one (1) time, penalty free withdrawal anytime during the term. Total withdrawal cannot exceed 25% of the initial certificate balance (funds cannot fall below the minimum balance required in that tier). Funds are insured up to $250,000 per account by National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)