Get more from your savings & tax refunds with a 1.00% APY*, 8-month term Share Certificate. Minimum $1,000 deposit. Since this rate/term is valid on new money only, please call (800) 231-1626 or visit a local regional office to take advantage of this great offer. But hurry, this promotional rate is only valid until March 31,2015.
Firefighters First Share Certificates provide the highest dividends of all our saving products. If you are looking for steady and secure yield, our Share Certificates are the answer. And they are a smart way to diversify your savings portfolio.
Here’s some benefits worth knowing:
- Various terms to choose from
- Dividends are earned daily and compounded monthly
- Low minimum opening balances
Take a look at our Share Certificate accounts. Then pick the one that’s right for you.
Make your move to Firefighters First – It’s Yours! Become a Member of Firefighters First Credit Union. Join Now
Already a member ... Simply log in to FIRE OnLine, under "Additional Services" to open a share certificate, visit a local office or call us at (800) 231-1626.
Share Certificates pay the highest dividends available at Firefighters First. They have a higher yield that offer a short-term commitment at no risk, are flexible, and easy to open and renew.
- Select the exact date of maturity, compounded interest payments or interest payments to your share or checking account
- Minimum $1,000 deposit
- Tiered dividend rates based on minimum deposit and term
- No action required to renew a certificate – funds are automatically reinvested
We recommend a technique called "laddering." If you open a share certificate at regular intervals, you'll know that one is always close to maturity in case you need the funds. In addition, our share certificate loans make funds available to you by using your high yield term certificate as security. Early withdrawal penalties do apply.
Haven't opened an account for your kids? Call today for an application and give your minor the power to save with a high-yield certificate.
- 1 Year Term
- $250 Minimum**; $2,500 Maximum
** A minimum balance of $250 is required to open a Rookie Certificate. This account must be opened under a membership account of a minor under 18 years of age. Rookie Certificates maturing after minor is 18 years of age will be converted to a regular certificate account. There is a maximum of three (3) Rookie Share Certificates per minor account. A penalty may apply for early withdrawal.
Retirement Liquid Certificate
Our Retirement Liquid Certificate gives our members the best of both worlds – high yields plus uncommon access to your savings when you need it most.
Retirement Liquid Certificate benefits:
- Minimum balance tiers of $10,000 $50,000 $100,000
- Terms of 1, 2, or 5 years; Minimum deposits $500 up to $10,000
- One penalty-free withdrawal allowed during the term**
To be eligible for retirement accounts, you must have your retirement funds directly deposited to Firefighters First. Qualifying retirement funds include pension and/or Social Security.
** Penalties for early withdrawal on Retirement Liquid Certificates will apply after the one allocated per anniversary year. Total withdrawal cannot exceed 25% of the initial certificate balance (funds cannot fall below the minimum balance required in that tier). Funds are insured up to $500,000 per account by American Share Insurance (ASI)
* APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Offer valid February 1 - March 31, 2015. $1,000 Minimum deposit. New money only. This will rollover to a 12-month share certificate at the current rate for the tier.