Given recent data security breaches with big retailers, it is critical that you take appropriate steps to protect your personal data.
We offer smsGuardian text alerts. This FREE service will monitor your account activity and send you text alerts to your smart phone when there is suspicious activity.
Activity that is monitored includes:
- Card not Present (such as online purchases)
- Fuel Transactions
- Authorizations Greater than $100
- 5 or More Transactions in 24 hours (a text sent for every transaction ~ #6, #7, #8, etc)
- Out of State Transactions
- International Transactions
You will receive an immediate text and if the authorization is fraudulent, you can immediately block your card before any additional transactions are processed. Help stop fraud and help protect your data.
Enroll your card TODAY
- Each card must be enrolled separately, you will be asked to renew every 2 years.
- Each time a card is replaced with a new card #, you must enroll the new card to keep the service.
- If you recently had your card reissued as part of one of the large retailer data breaches, make sure you have enrolled your new card.
Note: There may be an instance where a charge is legitimately yours, and you do not reply to the text. But through our sophisticated fraud monitoring & tracking, your card gets blocked by our processor. This could be the result of heavy fraud being reported in a specific area or with a specific retailer, that you may not be aware of - but our processors are since they monitor on a much larger scale.
In this case, our processor will first try to contact you at the phone number on record before blocking, and will also send you an email if they are unable to reach you by phone. This is why it is critical that you always update and maintain current contact information with the Credit Union. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are trying hard to protect you as much as possible against unauthorized use of your cards.