Over $2.5 Million in Extraordinary Dividend Bonuses and Interest Refunds*
At Firefighters First Credit Union, our members are our shareholders. That’s why our profits are returned directly to our member/owners in the form of Extraordinary Dividend Bonuses and Interest Refunds.
How We Do It
- Constant improvements - Our competitive deposit accounts, loan products and convenience-based services rival those offered by larger financial institutions.
- Growth in membership - With each new fire department and new family member contributing to the success of your Credit Union, the rewards grow for our entire Fire Family.
Demonstrating a Clear Difference
- Extraordinary Dividend Bonuses and Interest Refunds are unique benefits among financial institutions. And unheard of when it comes to large banks.
- Extraordinary Dividend Bonuses and Interest Refunds enable us to truly demonstrate our promise to you – It’s Yours.
2014 Amazing Member Payout
- Firefighters First members earned over $1.2 Million in Extraordinary Dividends Bonuses from dividends earned on share, money market, certificate and IRA accounts.
- Additionally, members earned nearly $1.2 Million in Interest Refunds from interest paid on most loans.
New this year is a reward for members as a thank you - for using additional products. Each Household will receive $50 for each of the following services they have**:
- Firehouse Financial*** account
- Firefighters Insurance Services account
- Have a business loan (this can be a commercial real estate, VISA, Line of Credit, etc..)
- Mortgage Servicing loans (you have your real estate loan with us but it is serviced on the secondary market through Fannie or Freddie)
Proving One Important Point
The more you bring to the Credit Union, the more you receive in return!
For details regarding your specific payout, please log on to your account in online or mobile banking or check your December 2014 statement.
* Exclusion from the year-end Extraordinary Dividend Bonus/Interest Refund may occur at the discretion of the Credit Union for accounts with any loan technically in default per the original agreement. An Interest Refund and/or Extraordinary Dividend Bonus will not be paid to any member who had a delinquency condition of 59 days or more on any loan during the period of January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014, regardless of the current status of the account. Refunds will not be paid to any member with a Firefighters First mortgage whose property taxes are more than one year delinquent, had more than one extension agreement on a loan or has a mortgage loan that was modified, nor will payouts be made to any closed primary shares accounts. Not included in the Extraordinary Dividend Bonus/Interest Refund are the following share and loan types: Share draft (personal or business), Holiday Helper, Freedom certificates, any business loans, share or certificate secured loans, Mortgage Servicing loans, Senior Equity Access real estate loans, Retirement or Fire Station loans, Credit Builder loans, Privilege Pay loans, and Emergency loans. Other exclusions may apply. All payouts, except IRA, will be posted to the regular share account. IRA refunds are posted to the IRA account unless that IRA account is closed, then the refund will be posted to the savings account.
** Only 1 payout per household for each of the additional services they have. Payout for additional services is posted to the Primary members share account.
*** Non-deposit investment products and services offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS), a registered-broker dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Adviser. Products offered through CFS: are not insured by American Share Insurance (ASI) or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the Credit Union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Firefighters First Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to its members.